Ubisoft today unveiled post-launch content details of their upcoming game, Assassin’s Creed Origins, which include season pass as well as free add-on content which will be available to all players.
Bundled in with the Gold Edition, The Assassin’s Creed Origins Season Pass can also be purchased separately at $39.90 and include two DLCs, each that will be available around January and March 2018. The following will also come with the season pass:
- The Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount. Available in November, 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits, Available at the launch of the game.
- An exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade. Available at the launch of the game.
On top of that, players can expect a huge lineup of free content filled with new challenges and gameplay opportunities, some of which resemble features and modes shown on other titles will be available for all AC: Origins players at or after the launch of the game, including:
- The Trials of the Gods: Boss battles against Egyptian gods that take place during special timed events that award victorious players with prestigious rewards. The first Trial of the Gods event will be available 15 days after the launch of the game. – We reckon this will resemble public events as seen on Destiny and Destiny 2.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar: A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. Available at the launch of the game. – Possibly an Assassin’s Creed take on Xur but with a higher frequency.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures taken by other players. Available at the launch of the game. – Similar to Uncharted and Final Fantasy perhaps?
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. Available early 2018. – Ancient Egypt history lesson via video games. Nice.
For more info, head over to the game’s official website.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins hits shelves come October 27 2017 and will be available on the PS4, Xbox One and PC.