This came out of nowhere for a lot of us: Epic just launched a Fortnite event for the ages. It’s called the Avengers: Infinity War limited-time event and it makes any player become the Mad Titan himself, Thanos.
Basically, it’s the same Battle Royale mode you know and love, only with an Infinity Gauntlet powerup to turn the tide of battle for the one using it. We’ve got some hot tips and guides on how to get through this limited-time mode. We’ll be updating this guide on a constant basis, or at least until the event is over.
First, you need to know how to get the Gauntlet during a Fortnite fight (via Epic’s patch notes).
- Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
- If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears.
- Last player standing will be the victor!
When you get to be Thanos, you get a surge of power, unlike anything you’ve ever felt in Fortnite.
Here’s what you can do as Thanos.
- Ability 1 — Thanos unleashes mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 — Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 — Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 — A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, and does not use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices (lol).
Basically, Thanos is powerful, and he’s designed to hit hard and take down structures like a semi. His shields can regenerate if you kill other players, but his health never comes back.
The battle will be determined by the people around him who can stay alive and chip away at his health. He won’t be able to build his structures or use any of the weapons on the field, so these abilities are limitations as much as they are powers.
According to a recent post on Reddit from Epic, a hotfix has gone live that reduces Thanos’ shield and health by 100 each, as well as reduces the damage of his laser from 15 to 12. These aren’t huge changes, and Thanos is still powerful, but these tweaks should help give more players an opportunity to take the villain for a spin.
Here’s the loot you will get during this fight.
- Only Rare, Epic and Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70 percent to 80-90 percent.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80 percent to 85-95 percent.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100 percent of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.
Guides On Killing Thanos.
Here’s one from Upshall: snipe until you get caught, then reposition yourself and snipe again.
Here’s another one from MonsterDFace which proves that Fortnite shotguns are the best in catching people offguard, even if they’re Mad Titans from Saturn.
How to get the Infinity Gauntlet fast, so that you can kick ass as Thanos.
Here is a handy video on how to get the Gauntlet quick: just go to the middle of the zone as soon as you’re parachuting, but do not descend fast. You want to be in the air as long as possible so that you can see where the Infinity Gauntlet meteor will land at.