The same folks who did the awesome Batman Arkham games are going to stick around the DC Universe a little longer. What do we mean by that? Allegedly the team will be working on a new Superman game.
According to a tip-off from 4chan:
- We are getting an open-world game set in Metropolis, which is about 3 times the size of Arkham Knight and comes with a lot more buildings. The environments will be semi-destructible.
- The main villain is Brainiac. So maybe we can expect giant flying Braniac tentacle ship head things as things Superman can punch.
- You will be using a nerfed Superman, ala The Animated Series style where he’s getting the hang of his powers and isn’t that godly like in the recent comics.
- We will be getting a combat system that integrates the flight aspects of The Man of Steel. We might be getting a revved-up Rocksteady version of a Dragon Ball Xenoverse fighting system.
- The game will be running on Unreal Engine 4.
- The game will be set within the Arkhamverse so there will be nods to story bits and easter eggs related tot he Batman Arkham franchise. If you’re a big Superman buff, you’ll find a lot of easter eggs to the Superman lore.
Rocksteady and WB Montreal are also working on a joint multiplayer game for a Justice League game down the line. Of course, a Superman game needs to happen first. Hopefully, the team will not do a mistake of catastrophic proportions similar to the DC Cinematic Universe.
We can expect a trailer coming out a few weeks before E3 2018. Honestly, we’re pretty stoked; this could be the game that will break the shitty Superman games curse.