Do they also serve the matcha of the millennium?
Following SNK’s King of Fighters exhibition a while back, the company is now expanding into the temporary themed cafe business. If you don’t mind taking a trip down to Japan from today onwards, that is.
SNK is teaming up with the Japanese Princess Cafe to launch a bunch of KOF themed cafes from May 11 onwards in Tokyo Ikebukuro, Osaka, and Nagoya. Apart from serving food and giving out complimentary coasters with KOF artwork, these cafes will also offer limited time merchandise and artwork illustrated by SNK veteran Falcoon.
You know, the guy responsible for the weird-ass designs and characters like Ash Crimson, Alba, Soiree, and Jivatma. We still don’t know if that’s a bonus or a deterrent.
Here are the locations of the themed cafes (via KOF World; thanks GFoppy!):
Princess Cafe Ikebukuro New
- Period: May 11 (Fri) to May 31 (Thur) 2018
- Opening Hours: Weekdays / Saturdays 10:00-21: 00 (LO 20: 30) Sundays / Public Holidays 10: 00 ~ 20: 00 (LO 19:30)
- Location: 1-40-2 Higashi Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 6th floor of modern building 8 ( http://pripricafe.com/shop.html#ikebukuro02 )
Princess Cafe Osaka
- Period: May 11 – Friday, May 27, 2018
- Opening hours: Weekdays 11: 00 ~ 19: 30 (LO 19: 00) Saturday / Sunday 10: 00 ~ 19: 30 (LO 19: 00)
- Location: Osaka-shi Naniwa-ku Nihonbashi 4-8-16 KUS Nihonbashi Building 2F / 3F ( http://pripricafe.com/shop.html#osaka01 )
Princess Cafe Nagoya Saka
- Period: June 1, 2018 (Friday) June 17 (Sunday)
- Hours: weekdays 11: 00 ~ 19: 30 ( Last order at 19:00) Saturday 10: 00 ~ 20: 00 ( LO19: 30) Sunday / public holidays 10: 00 ~ 19: 30 ( LO19: 00)
- Location: Aichi Prefecture Nagoya City Naka-ku Sakae 3-32-6 Bekham Rong 4F ( http://pripricafe.com/shop.html#nagoya02 )
Princess Cafe Akihabara
- Period: June 25, 2018 (Monday) ~ Monday, July 16
- Business hours: Weekdays 11: 00-20: 00 (LO 19: 30) Saturday / Sunday 10: 00-20: 00 (LO 19: 30)
- Place: 4-4 Saijin- -3 Ogiso Building 3rd Floor · 4th Floor ( http://pripricafe.com/shop.html#akihabara )
Here’s the menu, featuring a Terry Bogard sandwich, a Kasumi pasta dish, and an Iori pizza. Bet you fan girls want in on that sandwich and pizza action, eh?
Here’s the merchandise they’re selling. We’re talking coasters for free, stickers, badges, and mini-standees among others.
We have stated before that themed restaurants sell overpriced mediocre dishes, but there’s a small part of us who want the food and drinks to make us go “WHOA OOH OOH OO OH!”