After the huge Marvel VS Capcom Infinite appeared to much fanfare and critical flip-flops, one would think that such attempts are over. Not so for Studio Saizensen, the guys behind Code of Princess EX.
One of its latest outings is the upcoming Blade Strangers, a 2D fighter entry that is non-exclusive; indeed, it’ll launch on Sony PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. It will feature a mix of characters from a pool of titles from Studio Saizensen and Nicalis. The latter joins the mix as the publisher for Blade Strangers.
The game will be both an online and offline brawler and will pack in graphics that uses anime-style 2D graphics; it somewhat feels like Guilty Gear Xrd Sign with less frame-rates.
When announced in late April 2018, the list below confirms who are in the main fighter roster:
- Curly Brace (Cave Story+)
- Solange (Code of Princess EX)
- Ali (Code of Princess EX)
- Liongate (Code of Princess EX)
- Master T (Code of Princess EX)
- Kawase (Umihara Kawase series)
- Noko (Umihara Kawase series)
- Emiko (Umihara Kawase series)
- Lina (all-new character)
- Helen (all-new character)
It’s a decent enough selection…until the extended trailer aired two weeks back. No teasers here as it’ll give-away the goods!
Blade Strangers is now open for pre-orders and will launch in mid-2018.