A short guide to what’s going to happen this weekend.
Brace yourself, Dota 2 and esports fans in Malaysia. The KL Major 2018 is afoot this weekend from 16 to 18 November.
Here’s a lowdown:
-The main fights will be happening from 12pm onwards on Friday and Saturday (16 and 17 November). The grand finals will start at 4pm Sunday on 18 November.
-There’s a sweet lucky draw happening this weekend if you love gaming peripherals from HyperX and Acer Predator.
-These are the six remaining teams right now in the tournament:
- Team Secret (Upper Bracket)
- PSG.LGD (Upper Bracket)
- Ninjas in Pyjamas (Upper Bracket)
- Virtus.pro (Upper Bracket)
- TNC Predator
- Evil Geniuses
-Tune in to the tournament here on PGL’s Twitch page: https://www.twitch.tv/pgl_dota2
–TNC Predator is the only Southeast Asian team remaining in this major Dota 2 tournament. Fnatic was ousted by Evil Geniuses in a best-of-2 battle.
-China’s Dota 2 game isn’t as strong as it was. PSG.LGD is the only Chinese team remaining in the tournament. Vici Gaming and Team Aster were knocked out during the past few days.
-The current placement of the other 10 teams are as follows:
- 7th-8th place: Vici Gaming, Fnatic. They earn US$60,000 and 900 DPC points.
- 9th-12th place: Alliance, paiN X, J.Storm, Forward Gaming. They won US$15,000 and 150 DPC points.
- 13th-16th place: paiN Gaming, Tigers, Team Aster, Gambit Esports. They won US$10,000 and 75 DPC points.
–The folks from Meta.us will be there to spread the good word of their esports platform. Do say hello to them!
That’s all for now. Who do you think will take the KL Major top spot this year in this new Dota 2 season? Cast your votes & place your bets here!