Now with an alleged full look at the boy in blue.
Update: we added an alleged leak of movie Sonic’s face in full, all the way at the bottom of this post.
So IGN just released an exclusive “motion poster” of the live action Sonic The Hedgehog movie. And….
Where to begin?
- Why are his quills and spikes made out of fur?
- Is this hedgehog humanoid going to be running buck naked?
- Is the “giant head, proportionate arms and legs” aesthetic kinda eerie to you? Because it is to me.
- Here’s a quote from executive producer Tim Miller (of Deadpool fame): “It would be weird and it would feel like he was running around nude if he was some sort of otter-like thing.” AS OPPOSED TO WHATEVER THE HECK THAT THING UP THERE IS?
- Minor gripe: the shoes aren’t pointy enough and it’s missing the white socks to hide the ankles so that he comes off as limber & lanky when doing action stuff. That’s probably the least of the producer’s worries though.
I’m sure the internet is a bit more open-minded than I am, right? RIGHT?!?
We’ve even got some internet artists trying to make sense of this adaptation.
I’m trying to work out how they even got to Movie Sonic from Normal Sonic
And my conclusion is – inhaling absolutely shedloads of glue, it’s the only logical explanation pic.twitter.com/qfcaK5HFeH
— Tracker (@Tracker_TD) December 10, 2018
I've worked out who's doing mocap for the Sonic movie. pic.twitter.com/eTu4c6qUOo
— Jim Sterling (@JimSterling) December 10, 2018
ok so i saw that sonic movie poster that's going around and it reminded me of that one fan film from a few years back and i can't believe the fan film has a more aesthetically pleasing design than the official movie pic.twitter.com/xySMIJqo1g
— Akira (@OneMagicalIvory) December 10, 2018
That last Tumblr image makes more sense, to be frank.
We’ll try to reserve judgment when the full reveal with lighting comes out. The film will be out 8 November 2019. Or you can look at this leaked picture of movie Sonic courtesy of Twitter user farrisken210 (heh).