Let the co-op craziness commence.
Castle Crashers was one of the best couch co-op games back on the PlayStation 3. It’s to great joy that The Behemoth, the game’s developers, announced that a remastered Castle Crashers is coming to the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Castle Crashers is a side-scrolling beat ’em up game which can be played up to four players. The remastered version will have tons of extra features included such as:
- A multiplayer mini-game called “Back Off Barbarian”.
- Texture sizes of the game are five times the texture size of the original game
- The Remastered version runs at 60 frames per second.
- All previously released downloadable content like characters, weapons, and animal orbs are available in-game
- Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer
Castle Crashers Remastered on Switch will use most of its features such as HD Rumble, Switch Online, and 4-player local Joy-Con support. So, you can play the game while its docked, or take the little knights on the road.
Meanwhile on the PlayStation 4, the Dualshock 4 lightbars will be used to light up according to the colour of your knight. How sweet is that?
While The Behemoth is working on a new game codenamed ‘Game 5’, they will be attending PAX Boston next Thursday and will have the first playable versions of Castle Crashers Remastered for the Switch and PlayStation 4.