Overwatch gets new public test region (PTR) updates today which sees a few heroes getting tweaked here and there. Most notably the spammy Junkrat, Reaper, and Symmetra.
While these changes are available only on the PTR which is a PC-only server, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox will receive the changes in a future patch. Be reminded that these changes are in the testing phase and are subject to change in the full patch.
Changes and Improvements
- Frag Launcher
- Projectile speed increased from 20 to 25
- Grenades now bounce less but explode sooner
This change was meant to slightly increase the range at which Junkrat can land direct hits yet keeping aiming consistently as before the tweak. The main idea is to reduce the amount of rolling grenade spam when playing against him.
- Shadow Step
- Can now be used in air
- Time to exit Shadow Step reduced from 1.0 second to 0.5 of a second
- Reaper is now invisible for the entire time it takes to exit shadow step
- Can now teleport onto surfaces that would usually break, like railings
Shadow Step is getting a more offensive approach as Wraith Form is already viable escape mechanism, making Reaper more efficient in a wider range of situation.
- Railings and other breakable objects no longer block teleporter placement and teleporting
User Interface Updates
- You can now set your Victory Pose choice to random
- There is now an option to set your profile so only your current group can view it
Blizzard has squished a ton of bugs in the game, such as the jittery view while standing on certain objects; the offset camera when rapidly switching into the third-person view; and sealed off some unintended gaps that were shootable through at certain maps such as Illios, Nepal and Temple of Anubis maps.
Heroes and maps are also getting fixed here and there. Check out the full, detailed patch notes here.