Outerloop Games has announced the release date for their new game, Falcon Age. It will feature optional PlayStation VR support, so that means gamers will have the choice of also playing it conventionally with a Dualshock 4 controller instead.
Falcon Age is a first-person, single-player action adventure, where players assume the role of protagonist Ara. With the help of her pet falcon, she will need to fight back against her robotic colonizers. Here are some highlights of the features in the game:
- Players can name, pet, feed, teach, and even customize their falcon in a variety of ways (even a cute little cowboy hat)
- Some of those falcon accessories can also affect gameplay, such as equipment for sonar and armor
- Hunt animals for materials, with which you can cook snacks to feed, buff, heal and strengthen your falcon
- Players can also opt for the Challenge Free Mode, a story mode without combat
- A dedicated pet button that allows players to fist-bump with their falcon
The story in Falcon Age boasts veteran writers Cassandra Khaw (Wasteland 3) and Meg Jayanth (Horizon Zero Dawn). Falcon Age is slated to release for the PS4 on 9 April 2019. In the meantime, check out the trailer below.