Yasuo the Unforgiven. No one likes fighting against him because of his annoying MOBA skills and kits like his Wind Wall that blocks all sorts of projectiles. At the same time, he’s also a popular character pick because of said kit.
So it comes to no surprise that the latest League of Graphs infographic (via Dotesports) regarding patch 6.15 that the champion is the most popular hero with a sizeable banrate. He comes with a 32.07% popularity ranking, a 51.56% winrate, and a 43.59% banrate.
Let’s break down the top 5 in the infographic:
- The top 5 champions in LoL, apart from Yasuo who ranks high, are Ashe, Lee Sin, Ezreal, and Vayne. As someone who defaults to Ashe since she’s the easiest champion to use, this ranking makes helluva sense. She’s kinda like the Ryu of the game.
- The top 5 champions with the highest winrate are Sona, Amumu, Skarner, Sejuani, and Sion.
- The top 5 banned characters are Zed, Yasuo, Darius, Hecarim, and Leblanc. Yasuo is renowned for being in the top 5 of this list since November 2012 in Patch 5.22.
- Why is Yasuo a top pick in the ban list? Most players in lower elos do not know how to deal with the champion. He’s pretty strong in lane and has kits that can wreak havoc upon newbies, assuming a player knows his way around the swordmaster.
- Conversely, a player who does not know how to use Yasuo will be a burden to the team as he needs minions and proper use of his skills to be effective.
Either way, most players opt to ban the guy just to be safe. Check out the full graph below.