Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have confirmed that the 25th James Bond movie officially begun principal photography (filming) on 28 April 2019. Veteran fans of the franchise will love that the upcoming Bond 25 movie will be set in Jamaica, where previous Bond movies 1962’s Dr. No and 1973’s Live And Let Die were filmed.
Jamaica is also the birthplace of 007 AKA James Bond, where Ian Fleming created the character we all know and love. Bond 25 is set to be the fifth outing for actor Daniel Craig, who will be reprising his role as the dashing and suave secret agent.
Meanwhile, Bond 25 will also star award-winning actor Rami Malek as the primary antagonist, as well as the following actors/actresses:
- Ralph Fiennes as M, the head of MI6 and Bond’s superior officer.
- Naomie Harris as Eve Moneypenny, a former agent who left the field to become M’s assistant.
- Rory Kinnear as Bill Tanner, the MI6 chief of staff.
- Léa Seydoux as Dr. Madeleine Swann, a psychiatrist who assisted Bond on a previous mission.
- Ben Whishaw as Q, the MI6 quartermaster who outfits Bond with equipment for use in the field.
- Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter, Bond’s friend and a CIA field officer.
- Ana de Armas as Paloma.
- David Dencik as Waldo, a villain.
- Lashana Lynch as Nomi.
Here’s the official synopsis for Bond 25:
Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help.
The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.
Bond 25 is the working title for the new James Bond movie, and the official title will likely be announced at a later date. Directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga (best known for his work on HBO’s True Detective), Bond 25 is slated to release in the UK and the rest of the world on 3 April 2020.
In the meantime, check out our new Bond girl, as played by the beautiful Ana de Armas of Blade Runner 2049 fame.