BioWare was once a huge name in the gaming industry and still is, but for all the wrong reasons thanks to Anthem and Mass Effect: Andromeda. Despite its endless fixes to loot drops and endgame rewards, the game is bleeding players by the second.
The game has been declared dead by its own players after learning that the main Bioware team has now moved on to newer projects and now only a support team remains to keep the promises of the games as a service intact for Anthem.
The roadmap Bioware has put out is now scrapped, and a new one hasn’t been announced. For some context to see how dead the game is, here are some stats and facts gathered from the Anthem subreddit;
- Twitch viewership is down to a total of 197 views in the last 7 days.
- More people watched Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom in the last 7 days than Anthem.
- Frequent crashes and server disconnects event months after the game is released.
- The game was so broken at launch is practically broke consoles.
- The only reason Anthem is still being discussed is that it is a full priced game.
Players are truly hoping BioWare would pull off a ‘Bungie’ and save the title somewhere along the road ala Destiny: The Taken King, but with most of the teams focused on something else now like Dragon Age 4, the future seems bleak and the players know it.
So much for 10 years of support.