Could it be a new From Software title?
Earlier in March 2019, rumors were circulating that Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin was working with Sekiro Shadows Die Twice developer From Software on a new game. Now it looks like the rumors could very well be true, as a recent blog post by the writer essentially confirms them.
In the blog post that was published soon after the release of the Game of Thrones finale, Martin reminisced on everything he’s already done. One sentence caught everyone’s attention when he stated these exact words:
“I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan.”
While Martin doesn’t specifically or explicitly mention From Software, it’s definitely on point with the rumor of the writer working with the Japanese developer. In fact, a source close to Gematsu has revealed several details about the game in question:
- It’s been in development for the past three years
- It’s an open-world title with horse-riding
- It’s a collaboration between George R.R. Martin and From Software president (and Souls series creator) Hidetaka Miyazaki
- It will be published by Bandai Namco
- It will be announced at Microsoft’s E3 2019 showcase
Please be advised that all of this remains speculation as of now, with no official confirmation from either George R.R. Martin or the folks at From Software. All we have to go on right now are Martin’s words on his blog post and they aren’t much.