The Dragon Quest Minecraft game is back!
Sony Interactive Entertainment Singapore Private Limited (SIES) has announced that Dragon Quest Builders 2 is now available for pre-order, ahead of its official release date on 12 July 2019.
The original Dragon Quest Builders was originally released in 2016 for the PS4 and PS Vita, before being ported over to the Nintendo Switch in 2018. The spinoff game was notable for being sort of a Dragon Quest version of Minecraft, as the gameplay featured gathering and building mechanics similar to the popular sandbox game.
As a sequel, Dragon Quest Builders 2 is set to feature the following:
- Online multiplayer for the first time, allowing up to four players to play together at any single time
- Construct bigger structures with more variety and options than before
- Travel faster by soaring, swimming, and dashing through the expansive world
- Inspire NPC villagers to help you out
- Create your own farms and raise a multitude of crops
- Divert flowing water to create your own rivers, waterfalls, and swimming holes
- First-person mode
Here are the prices for each of the game’s different editions:
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 Standard Edition – RM229
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 Digital Standard Edition – RM219
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 Digital Deluxe Edition – RM294
The Digital Deluxe Edition of Dragon Quest Builders 2 will contain the following:
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 Full Game
- Stackable Slime Recipe
- Lo-Res Luminary Recipes
- Legendary Line Art Recipe
- Dragon Quest Logo Recipe
- Season Pass
Season Pass owners will receive the following exclusive content:
- Designer’s Sunglasses
- Hotto Stuff Pack:
– Includes more than 40 recipes to design and decorate structures that look similar to a distant land where visitors take a sweat break from their weary travels.
- Aquarium Pack:
– Learn how to catch 40 different fish that can be added to your own DIY aquarium. – Unlock an additional tool – the fishing rod – recipes, as well as customization options, including swimwear, straw hats, and ponytail hairstyle.
- Modernist Pack:
– Includes more than 70 different recipes to construct modern-looking
structures, or change hairstyles and clothing.
Those who pre-order Dragon Quest Builders 2 at authorized PlayStation dealers will also receive a Dragon Quest Builders 2 Exclusive Stamp.
Meanwhile, early purchasers of Dragon Quest Builders 2 will receive an exclusive product code to redeem the following items:
- Water Sigil Recipe
- Moon Sigil Recipe
- Soul Sigil Recipe
- Star Sigil Recipe
- Sun Sigil Recipe
In the meantime, check out the Dragon Quest Builders 2 gameplay video below to tide you over until the game releases on 12 July 2019.