So far in Borderlands 3, we have Amara the Siren and Zane the Operative’s skill trees all detailed so you can start building your soldier of death in the upcoming loot-and-shoot game.
Thanks to videos from Joltzdude139 and Ki11er Six, who happen to do a lot of Borderlands-related homework, we now have the lowdown on the next Vault Hunter, Moze (as in “Moes”, not “Moh-ze”). In case you want to save bandwidth, check out our written guide to this gunner’s fine-ass skills below.
Just a heads up: when you activate her Iron Bear mech, she can use up to two Action Skills simultaneously while in her bot. Rail guns, homing rockets that track up to 5 or more targets, a minigun; what have you.
Bottomless Mags Skill Tree
- Minigun (Action Skill): Capable of sustained rapid fire. Firing for long periods of time causes it to overheat. So be careful when raining bullets.
- Cloud of Lead (5): Occasionally, Moze’s and Iron Bear’s shots will deal additional Fire Damage and won’t consume ammo. Ranking this up increases Fire Damage and shot count (ie: every 8th shot doesn’t consume ammo)
- Dakka Bear (1): Adds a manned turret to the back of Iron Bear. For your companions to use.
- Matched Set (5): Moze’s currently equipped weapon gains a stacking bonus to Magazine Size and Decreased Heat Per Shot for every piece of Equipped Gear that has a matching manufacturer. Heat = what the minigun generates before it shorts out temporarily.
- Strike The Embers (3): Increases Moze and Iron Bear’s Fire Damage.
- Redistribution (1): After Moze scores a Critical Hit, she regenerates ammo for a few seconds. Ammo regen: +5% of Magazine, redistribution duration: 3 seconds.
- Scrappy (5): Increases Moze’s Handling (weapons). While moving, Moze’s Weapon Swap and Mode Switch speed are increased.
- Rushin’ Offensive (1): Moze can sprint and shoot at the same time.
- Scorching RPM’s (5): Moze gains increased Fire Rate and Critical Hit Damage.
- The Iron Bank (5): Increases Moze’s magazine size.
- Specialist Bear (1): Equipping two of the same weapons on Iron Bear increases the damage they deal. Iron Bear damage: +10%.
- Some For The Road (1): Moze gains infinite ammo for a few seconds after exiting Iron Bear. Lasts 5 seconds.
- “Click, Click…”(3): Moze gains increased Gun Damage as her magazine empties. The less ammo there is remaining, the greater the increase.
- Forge (1): Moze constantly regenerates ammo for her currently-equipped weapon. Ammo regeneration rate: 1.5% of magazine/sec.
Bottomless Mag Augments (for your Action Skills)
- Let Off Some Steam: Minigun deals more damage as heat increases, and can be fired for longer before overheating. Damage: up to +80%, Minigun heat capacity: +35%.
- Salamander: A flamethrower that deals Fire Damage to enemies at close range. Has infinite ammo, but drains Fuel with use.
- General Winter: Minigun fires Cryo rounds, which reduces Heat Gain and Fuel Drain, but deal reduced damage.
- Fuel Economy: Reduces Salamander’s Fuel Drain (-25%). Additionally, Iron Bear’s Movement Speed is increased after damaging an enemy with Salamander (+25% for 3 seconds).
- Exploding Bullets: Minigun fires Explosive Rounds that deal increased Splash Damage, but at the cost of decreased Fire Rate.
- Chemical Warfare: Salamander now deals Corrosive Damage. Salamander’s Melt Damage is increased.
- Molten Roar: The Salamander burst-fires 3 projectiles with increased Fuel Drain, the first of which leaves a large Fire area.
Demolition Woman Skill Tree
- V-35 Grenade Launcher (Action Skill): A semi-automatic grenade launcher. Not affected by Moze’s equipped grenade mod.
- Fire in the Skag Den (5): Whenever Moze deals Splash Damage, she deals bonus Fire Damage. Bonus Fire damage: +3% per rank.
- Deadlines (3): Firing Iron Bear Weapons drains less Fuel. Killing an enemy while Iron Bear is active increases Fuel. This skill has diminishing returns.
- Grizzled (5): Kill Skill. Killing an enemy reduces Moze’s remaining Action Skill Cooldown Time. This skill has diminishing returns.
- Means of Destruction (3): Whenever Moze deals Splash Damage, there is a chance to add ammo to her currently equipped weapon’s magazine, with a smaller chance to return a grenade. Ammo chance: 3.3%, Grenade chance: 2%.
- Torgue Cross-Promotion (5): All Splash Damage dealt by Moze has a chance to double in size.
- Stainless Steel Bear (5): Iron Bear gains additional armour and increased Maximum Fuel.
- Pull the Holy Pin (3): Moze’s grenades have a chance to score a Critical Hit, dealing greatly-increased damage.
- Auto Bear (1): After Moze exits Iron Bear, it will remain deployed in place for a short time. While it remains active, it will target and attack nearby enemies until its duration ends, then it will charge at an enemy and self-destruct. Duration: 15 seconds.
- Vampyr (5): Whenever Moze damages an enemy with a grenade, for every enemy hit, she restores a portion of her missing health.
- Why Can’t I Carry All These Grenades (3): Increases Moze’s grenade carrying capacity further.
- To The Last (1): Moze gains the ability to throw grenades while in Fight For Your Life. If she threw a grenade before gaining Second Wind, a grenade is refunded.
- Explosive Punctuation (5): When Moze deals Splash Damage, her Action Skill Cooldown Rate is briefly increased.
- Short Fuse (1): Whenever Moze deals Gun Damage, there is a chance of a secondary explosion centered on the target. Chance: 20%, Explosion damage: 75% of Gun Damage.
Demolition Women Augments
- Shaped Charge: Direct hits with the V-35 deal increased damage. Direct Hit Damage: +35%.
- Vanquisher Rocket Pod: Rocket launcher capable of rapid-firing volleys of unguided explosive rockets.
- Musical Chairs: Occasionally, the V-35 fires a Singularity Grenade that pulls in nearby enemies before exploding.
- Active Tracking: The Rocket Pod now fires homing rockets and has increased Reload Speed. Hold down the Fire Button and aim at enemies to designate up to 6 targets. Releasing Fire button launches a volley of homing rockets at the designated targets. Reload Speed: +25%.
- Lock and Speedload: The V-35’s Reload Speed is greatly increased and it now fires a 5-round burst.
- Target Softening: The Vanquisher Rocket Pod deals greatly reduced damage per rocket, but fires in a 6-rocket spread. Additionally, enemies hit by its rockets take increased damage from all sources. If you miss Slag, use this as a replacement.
- Hammerdown Protocol: Instead of a volley of conventional rockets, the Vanquisher launches a single rocket with a nuclear warhead, dealing massive Radiation Damage. Damage: +380%, Magazine Size: 1.
Shield of Retribution Skill Tree
- Railgun (Action Skill): Fires electrified high-velocity projectiles that deal Shock Damage.
- Selfless Vengeance (5): Whenever Moze reloads, she loses a small portion of her health and grants additional Fire Damage and grants additional Fire Damage to her and her allies’ rounds for a few seconds.
- Security Bear (1): Iron Bear gains a bubble shield that reduces damage taken. The shield deactivates if it sustains too much damage, reactivating after a short cooldown. Shield recharge delay: 5 seconds, 20% Iron Bear Max Health added as Shields.
- Armored Infantry (5): While Moze’s shields are active, she gains Damage Reduction and increased Gun Damage.
- Drowning in Brass (5): Kill Skill. Killing an enemy grants Moze a stack of Drowning In Brass. For each stack of these, Moze’s Fire Rate is reduced but Gun Damage is increased for both her and her allies.
- Thin Red Line (3): A portion of Moze’s health is removed and cannot be restored, but her Maximum Shield is increased by the same amount. +20% Max Health removed and added to Max Shields for first rank.
- Vladof Ingenuity (5): Moze’s Maximum Shield is increased and she gains resistance to Shock Damage.
- Full Can of Whoop-Ass (1): Entering Iron Bear causes Moze’s and her allies’ shields to immediately begin recharging at an increased Shield Recharge Rate. Shield recharge rate: +25%.
- Experimental Munitions (1): Whenever Moze scores a Critical Hit, she deals bonus Fire Damage. +10% of damage dealt for first rank.
- Behind The Iron Curtain (3): Moze’s Shield Recharge Delay is reduced, and her Shield Recharge Rate is increased.
- Desperate Measures (3): Moze’s Gun Damage is increased depending on how low her health is. The lower her health, the greater the increase. Gun damage up to +17%.
- Phalanx Doctrine (5): Kill Skill. After killing an enemy, Moze gains a stack of Phalanx Doctrine. For every stack of these, Moze’s Maximum Shield and Gun Damage are increased. Each stack lasts 30 seconds; there is no stack limit. Gun Damage: +2% per stack, Max Shields: +3% per stack.
- Force Feedback (1): Whenever Moze scores a Critical Kill, her shields immediately begin recharging.
- Tenacious Defense (1): Whenever Moze’s shield is fully depleted, she instantly restores a portion of her shield and her gun damage is increased for a short time. This skill can only trigger after Moze’s shields have fully recharged. Gun Damage: +12%, +40% of Max Shield restored, Tenacious Defense duration: 30 seconds.
Shield of Retribution Augments
- Hell on Rails: Railgun now fires superheated rounds that deal Fire Damage but have increased Fuel Drain per shot.
- Bear Fist: A massive damage melee attack from the Iron Bear. We wonder if it staggers and/or knocks back enemies.
- Capacitive Armature: When Railgun hits an enemy, it chains to nearby enemies, dealing reduced Shock Damage to more targets. Splinter damage: -75%.
- Wild Swing: Whenever Bear Fist hits an enemy, it deals random Bonus Elemental Damage to that enemy and all enemies nearby. Elemental Damage: +35% of damage dealt.
- Corrosive Sabot Rounds: Railgun now fires a specialty round that deals reduced damage and explodes after a short delay. Its shots have reduced Fuel Drain and its Magazine Size is increased. Corrosive Damage.
- Close The Distance: Instead of punching, Bear Fist now launches its fist forward and grabs enemies at greatly-increased range, pulling them back to Iron Bear.
- Shockhammer: Bear Fist is now capable of sustained rapid fire, punching as long as the Fire Button is held. Additionally, Bear Fist has reduced Fuel Drain and deals Bonus Shock Damage with each hit. Shock damage: +19% of damage dealt, Fuel Drain: -40%.