Respawn Entertainment unveiled the Apex Legends Season 2 trailer last week, showcasing a post-disaster Kings Canyon, along with new skins, emotes, and L-Star LMG action. It is slated to premiere tomorrow on 2 July 2019.
According to lead product manager Lee Horn (via GameSpot), the Apex Legends Season 2 Battle Pass challenge system “should allow for significantly greater Battle Pass progress with less grind over less time for players who return on a regular basis and maximize their challenge resets”.
Here’s how the daily and weekly challenges work in Apex Legends Season 2:
Completing both the daily and weekly challenges will contribute towards leveling up the Battle Pass. Over half of the challenges will grant a Battle Pass level while the rest will grant the player Stars (which when combined with match EXP) will work towards fulfilling a repeatable weekly challenge, the completion of which will give players a full Battle Pass level.
Apex Legends Season 2 Daily Challenges are:
- Comprises of three tasks chosen randomly from a pool of 200.
- Examples include “deal 200 Damage in Bunker” and play one game as Lifeline.”
- Award 3000 Stars each
- Designed for short sessions
Apex Legends Season 2 Weekly Challenges are:
- Seven tasks each week
- Designed to be completed over several sessions
- Examples include “get 20 Kills as Gibraltar, Bangalore, or Mirage” to “loot 100 Epic items.”
- Four of these tasks will award 6000 Stars each while three of them will grant an entire Battle Pass level
Besides the daily and weekly challenges, there will be three additional challenges that reset every week whether they are completed or not. Check out an example of them below:
- Complete five Daily Challenges: Rewards one Battle Pass level
- Complete 10 Daily Challenges: Rewards one Battle Pass level Earn 9,000 Stars and/or match XP: Rewards one Battle Pass level
- This quest may be repeated an unlimited number of times each week.
- Each completion increases the Stars and/or match XP required for the next by 9,000, up to a maximum of 54,000. You need 9,000 for the first level, 18,000 for the second level, etc. This challenge resets to 9,000 each week.
Apex Legends Season 2 will also mark the debut of a new character named Wattson, the daughter of the man who built the Kings Canyon arena. In the meantime, check out the Apex Legends Season 2 trailer below.