I should give special props to the underrated 3v3 fighting game Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid for the PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. It’s fast and frenetic Marvel vs Capcom-style combat with simplified controls, it’s got great controls, and it’s pretty affordable for a fighting game made in 2019. Props to the Hasbro and nWay for sticking through this franchise thick and thin.
And it looks like they’re not going to stop. The game will be getting its first Season One characters and a few others. For the low, low Season Pass price of US$14.99, you’ll get:
- Trey of Triforia, the original Gold Zeo Ranger.
- Jen Scotts, the leader of the Time Force Power Rangers.
- Lord motherf****** Zed, the Emperor of Evil in the future update.
- Jason Scott Lee, the Red Dragon Shield, also in the future update.
The game’s latest update also includes the following:
- Better game social play and matchmaking, including Direct Match which lets friends or any two specific players match up against each other,
- Crossplay between Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. Seems natural that there’s no PS4 crossplay.
In other words, business as usual for the not-so-supportive-with-crossplay PlayStation. However, if you don’t mind all that nonsense, you can get the Season Pass now. C’mon, it’s friggin’ Lord Zedd; I do hope he plays like the MMPR Fighting Edition version, but with more balance.