The definitive version of the RPG.
inXile Entertainment‘s The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep will be receiving a definitive edition, about a year after it initially launched exclusively for the PC in September 2018.
The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut will be coming to the PS4, Xbox One, and PC digitally and physically on 27 August and 7 September 2019, respectively. However, those who already own the original game on PC will automatically receive all of the Director’s Cut content in a free update.
In addition, anyone who is an active subscriber of the Xbox Game Pass will be able to play the game for free starting 27 August 2019, since the developer was recently acquired by Microsoft.
Here’s what you can expect from The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut;
- Improved visuals due to Unreal Engine update
- Thousands of technical fixes and tweaks from the original version
- A new end-game chapter that adds hours of additional content
- New enemies, items, and weapons, including dwarven master-crafted weapons
- Refined and more feature-rich UI
- More class/gender character creation options
- Rebalanced combat and encounters
- Additional difficulty settings
- Full gamepad support across all platforms
Featuring more than 50 hours of gameplay, 350 voiced characters, a Legacy Mode for returning fans, and over 100 pieces of incredible music, players can choose from 21 unique classes (including Bards, Fighters, Rogues, and more) and 60 to 70 different skills when creating and customizing their party of characters.
Unlike most RPGs, The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut features a first-person perspective during gameplay, which makes for a more immersive and epic experience. It’s already available to pre-purchase for only RM73 on Steam.
Check out what you can look forward to in the trailer for the game below.