Remember Supermassive Games, the folks responsible for the lovely-yet-cheesy interactive horror game Until Dawn? They’ll be bringing new kinds of scares with their upcoming title The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan.
To shake the single-player choose-your-own-adventure gameplay they’re known for, the devs will be adding in new online and offline multiplayer modes. Here’s a breakdown of each of them:
Shared Story Mode (Online)
- Play the game with a friend in two-player co-op where you explore the world, make choices that affect the story outcome and the fate of the cast.
- Both player’s perspectives will be different. There will be situations where you split up, and you know what that means in horror games; new locations, new interactions, and new scares.
Movie Night Mode (Offline)
- Couch co-op gaming at its finest; here, you play locally in a group of up to five players with one controller.
- Each player takes charge of the movement, decisions, and choices of one of the five main characters. It’s up to you guys and gals if you want to survive together, or just be dicks to one another.
- Players will be given achievements and rewards for the actions they do.
Check out the trailer below to see how it all plays out. This does look promising for horror fans and interactive movie adventure game admirers.