Post-launch Year One plans detailed.
Ubisoft has announced that the Ghost Recon Breakpoint closed beta will take place this weekend, from 6pm GMT+8 on 5 September 2019 to 6pm GMT+8 on 8 September 2019. Players on PC and Xbox One can already pre-load the beta while those on the PS4 will have to wait until tomorrow noon (11am GMT+8 on 5 September 2019).
The Ghost Recon Breakpoint closed beta is available to those who have pre-ordered the game, and those who participated in the game’s Online Technical Tests, as well as randomly-selected players from those who have registered on the Beta sign-up page on the official website.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint closed beta players will receive access to take part in Man Down, a special in-game charity event to raise money for the global NGO Child’s Play, as well as several provinces and missions to explore in up to four-player co-op or solo.
Missions available include two Operation Greenstone missions, taken from the main storyline; Auroa Missions, which include side missions to discover more about the island and its inhabitants, and Faction Missions, which include eight new missions per day.
Drone Areas are also available to test player’s strength in battle, where they can face-off against Murmurs, small flying drones that can swarm players; Aamons, which are mid-size land drones and Behemoths, which are huge, heavily armored drones with intense firepower.
In addition, Ubisoft has also announced the post-launch plans for Ghost Recon Breakpoint Year One, which will begin with Operation Greenstone, followed by Episode 2 and 3, coming every 4 months. Every episode will feature the following:
- New Adventures: New story-driven content that expands the main story of the game will be available with each episode.
- New End-Game Content: Every Episode will bring new End-Game content. Episode 1 brings the Project Titan Raid. Players will explore an active volcano on a new island in the Auroa archipelago where they need to use all the skills learned on Auroa in intense four-play co-op challenges. The Raid is replayable and adaptable for all play styles.
- New Faction Missions: Factions in the game will evolve over time and every month, new narrative Story Faction Missions will be released, bringing context as well as character development. New Faction Missions will be available daily and will provide objectives to support the factions and their narrative arcs.
- New Classes: Three new classes will be introduced in Year 1, starting with the Engineer which brings expertise in hacking.
- Live Events: These events will feature VIPs that will help Nomad tackle new, terrible threats. A new Event will be available with each Year 1 Episode and lasts one month.
- PvP Updates: In addition to the three new classes coming Year 1, which will be fully playable in PvP, new maps and updates will keep Ghost War players on their toes.
- Regular New Content: New content such as new missions, activities and unlockables will be available with each new episode.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint is slated to release on 4 October 2019 for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia (November 2019). In the meantime, check out the latest trailer featuring actor Jon Bernthal as Cole D. Walker, leader of the Wolves.