Bringing wrestling fans together.
Fans of the WWE franchise will be glad to learn that the upcoming WWE 2K20 will be getting an improved Universe Mode and online multiplayer capabilities. 2K announced the news in a blog post earlier today, detailing the improvements and features of the new Universe Mode.
Here are all the improvements and features coming to the WWE 2K20 Universe Mode:
- Major and minor show match limits have increased from 7 to 9.
- Pay-Per-View match limits have doubled from 7 to 14.
- The number of championship titles per major show has increased from 6 to 7.
- Simultaneous rivalries on major shows have increased from 3 to 4.
- Pay-Per-Views can be co-hosted by up to 3 major shows versus the previous 2.
- Players have more freedom to delete and add promos and matches.
- 50 of the most-used cutscenes have been reshot with female mocap actors to look more authentic when female Superstars are used.
- 25 new cutscenes have been added.
- 3,040 new promo lines are in the game.
- Custom Matches can now be included in Match Tables, along with new Mixed Tag Matches.
- New Championship Match setting in Match Tables can be used to make certain matches a title match.
- Main Event matches in Match Tables have been tweaked so that those match types are more likely to occur on the show (Example: Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View).
- New rivalry content includes options such as low-intensity enemies making peace after a single Pay-Per-View or low to mid-intensity allies slowly falling out over several weeks instead of a sudden turn.
- The overall menu flow has been streamlined to make it more accessible to those new to Universe Mode. All deeper options are still available for experienced players.
In other related news, 2K previously announced that WWE 2K20 will also be adding more focus on female wrestlers, as well as Halloween-themed preorder bonuses. WWE 2K20 is slated to release for the PS4, Xbox One and PC on 22 October 2019.