The Internet Archives is not just useful to see your old blogposts, but also to play old-as-heck games back in the 90s. Apparently, Archive.org recently added 2,500 new MS-DOS PC games into its catalogue.
You don’t need to go through the hassle of installing these games; just head here, click on a game, and it plays via browser Dosbox magic. We don’t have time to list through all 2,500 games, so I’ll just pick the noteworthy ones.
- Alone in the Dark
- the PC port of PS1 classic WipeOut
- Night Trap, the other game that started the ESRB
- the original Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Cannon Fodder
- Ultima Underworld & Ultima Underworld 2: The Stygian Abyss
- Wing Nuts, some FMV game I keep seeing in the Malaysian CompAsia bargain bin. Yes, CompAsia was a thing way back then.
- Ultimate Body Blows, the Amiga contender to Street Fighter that was also ported onto PCs.