Did you catch them?
We’re only two weeks away from the debut of the first live-action Star Wars series in history and Disney has unveiled a brand new trailer for the upcoming series, which is slated to premiere on 12 November 2019.
We get to see a lot more of Pedro Pascal’s mysterious The Mandalorian character in this new trailer, as he gets to show off his bounty hunter and gunslinging skills. That’s not even mentioning the fact that he even speaks for the first time in this trailer, saying “Yeah, good.” in response to Werner Herzog’s equally-mysterious character.
I also noticed something noteworthy about the titular Mandalorian protagonist. Near the one-minute mark in the trailer, as he exits a building to an outside swarming with stormtroopers, he doesn’t bother with searching for cover or evading the enemy blaster shots.
In fact, one blaster shot hit him directly in the left shoulder pad and the Mandalorian barely flinched, shrugging it off like it was nothing. Perhaps he’s wearing an armour coated in chromium, which is the same material on Captain Phasma’s armor that made it capable of deflecting weak or normal blaster shots.
In addition, a brief shot at the 1:06 minute mark shows a split-second glimpse of the official return of a classic enemy from The Clone Wars era, the B2 Super Battle Droids once deployed by the Confederacy of Independent Systems or the Separatists. This could either be a flashback or that the antagonists in The Mandalorian are salvaging old war weapons from The Clone Wars era.
This is great news for Star Wars fans, as it looks like The Mandalorian will be mining from all over the canon instead of just relying on the original trilogy or sequel trilogy for content. As a self-proclaimed fan of the prequel trilogy, I’m extremely excited.
The Mandalorian stars:
- Narcos’ Pedro Pascal as The Mandalorian.
- Gina Carano as Cara Dune; a former Rebel Shock Trooper-turned-mercenary who fought in the civil war for the Rebel Alliance.
- Giancarlo Esposito as Moff Gideon; a former governor under the Empire whose life changed after the Rebels destroyed the second Death Star.
- Carl Weathers as Greef Carga; the leader of a bounty hunter guild who hires the Mandalorian to track a valuable asset.
- Taika Waititi as the voice of IG-11; an innocent and naive droid companion of The Mandalorian who does not know sarcasm or how to lie.
Check out the badass new trailer below.