The world really needs more misadventures with hitman Travis Touchdown and a touch of Goichi Suda “51” insanity. Which is why it’s reassuring to know that development for No More Heroes III is going smoothly according to the latter, him being the CEO of dev company Grasshopper Manufacture and all.
Here’s what we know so far based on a recent WCCFTech interview:
- Development for the game is about 35 to 40 percent complete.
- The budget for No More Heroes III is not Grasshopper Manufacture’s biggest; that’s a little worrying.
- The open-world will be bigger than the original No More Heroes‘, but not as big as something you would see in a Ubisoft or Rockstar Game. There will be “about the [usual] amount of side missions you’d expect from a No More Heroes game, along with some other extras”—”something different than your standard mini-game”.
- The suit Travis wears in the announcement trailer will be playable in the final game, but only in “certain special circumstances”.
- The Beam Katana charge motion control will reappear, but “the real challenge was figuring out how to best use the Switch hardware”.
- A new trailer will be released “this year or early next year”.
No More Heroes III will be out 2020 for Nintendo Switch. Check out the first official trailer below to sample the madness.