Season 2 meta change oncoming!
Is Teamfight Tactics getting a bit too stale? Worry not because the game’s Season 2 update will be changing up some things.
The Autochess-like auto-battler will introduce a new elemental system to herald the end of the beta and the beginning of Season 2. Now your champions will be aligned with one or more elements. Here’s the breakdown:
- Crystal (Skarner, Taric, and Ashe)
- Desert (Renekton, Sivir, Azir, Khazix)
- Electric (Ornn, Volibear, Zed)
- Glacial (Warwick, Volibear, Braum, Ezreal, Olaf)
- Inferno (Zyra, Diana, Qiyana, Kindred, Annie, Brand)
- Light (Nasus, Vayne, Jax, Aatrox, Soraka, Yorick)
- Steel (Rek’Sai, Nocturne)
- Mountain (Taliyah, Qiyana, Malphite)
- Ocean (Vladimir, Thresh, Syndra, Qiyana, Nautilus, Nami)
- Poison (Kog’Maw, Dr. Mundo, Twitch, Singed)
- Shadow (Malzahar, Kindred, Veigar, Sion, Master Yi)
- Wind (Yasuo, Qiyana, Janna)
- Woodland (Maokai, Ivern, Neeko, LeBlanc)
Having multiple champions with the same element means bigger special bonuses for combat rounds. Other changes in patch 9.22 include:
- A bigger board size; now there are four rows of seven hexes.
- New heroes to replace old ones.
- A decrease in number of each champion available in the pool. This forces players to come up with different team compositions.