Tartarus crash and small text begone!
As we approach the beginning of a new year, gamers all around the world including myself keep hoping that more accessibility options such as colourblind mode and text size adjustment will be added into more games. Thankfully, The Outer Worlds is improving on that front.
Obsidian Entertainment has just released the first patch for The Outer Worlds. Patch 22.214.171.124 is available to download right now and it will fix a number of things including addressing some of the most common issues being faced by players on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
One of the biggest issues I had with The Outer Worlds was the game consistently crashing every few minutes on Tartarus. For those of you have been suffering the same crashes but only at a specific point on the planet, it seems that this patch will fix that problem. I’m hoping it solves my issue as well.
Another major complaint I had about the game was the awfully small text size that couldn’t be scaled. Thank the Architect, they finally put in the option to increase text size! The option will enlarge the font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text. I can finally stop playing the game so close to my screen.
Here are other Patch 126.96.36.199 notes:
- Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4.
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along.
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest.
- Fix for “Radio Free Monarch” where issues would happen when talking to Nyoka while having SAM in your party.
- Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4.
- The achievement/trophy for “It’s Not the Best Choice” will pop correctly.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to quickly jump back into the game and finally finish Tartarus because I’ve stopped playing ever since the game kept crashing on me there. To check out the patch notes on the official Obsidian blog, click here.