Realistic car physics, mocapped sex scenes, and more.
To say that CD Projekt Red is shouldering high expectations in regards to Cyberpunk 2077 would be the understatement of the year. After showing off how good they are at making open-world RPGs through the The Witcher games, they have to keep on surpassing themselves and worry not, they plan on doing just that.
A Redditor going by the moniker of Shavod recently shared paragraphs worth of information about Cyberpunk 2077 from a CD Projekt yearly Polish community meeting which he attended last Saturday.
The post itself has almost 2,200 words so let me help you by summarising the most noteworthy points:
- When Johnny Silverhand said you and him “have a city to burn”, you can go along with that suggestion and do just that.
- The main questline in Cyberpunk 2077 might be shorter than the one in The Witcher 3. However, this is just the main story. No idea how big the game is when you take into account the side activities.
- The way that sidequests evolve in Cyberpunk 2077 will be much more complex when compared to sidequest progression in The Witcher 3. When you choose a branching path, it turns into an entire branch of its own unlike The Witcher 3’s format of most quest branches simply leading back to one predetermined outcome. The developers want to make sure it will be difficult for players to have playthroughs that are exactly the same.
- Car customisation isn’t confirmed but the developers “have plans” for the feature.
- Car physics aimed to be more realistic than Grand Theft Auto games.
- Just like The Witcher 3, motion capture was also used to animate the sex scenes.
- The developers want to add modding tools but no confirmations on that yet.
This small list is enough to tell us that the game isn’t just the most ambitious game CD Projekt Red is working, it just might be the most ambitious RPG ever made. As someone who wasn’t too impressed at how straightforward some questlines were in The Witcher 3, I’m really glad to hear that they’re making some crazy improvements to change that in Cyberpunk 2077.
To read the full Reddit post, click here.