Activision and Infinity Ward have revealed that Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Season One will see the biggest drop of free content in franchise history. This time they’re following a new model similar to the battle passes of Fortnite and Apex Legends, instead of the separately-priced DLC packs or expansions of previous games.
Players can look forward to the following:
- Crash (Multiplayer Map): The iconic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map has returned with all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember.
- Vacant (Multiplayer Map): An abandoned office, previously visited in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, leads to intense interior combat across the complex.
- Shipment (Multiplayer and Gunfight Map): The classic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- Port (Ground War Map): Battle across massive shipping crates, cranes, buildings and streets in this unique Ground War map experience.
- Cargo (Gunfight Map): An open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers, on docks of London.
- Atrium (Gunfight Map): The centrepiece of a Verdansk palace, still intact despite the conflict raging nearby.
- Additional Maps: Look for additional multiplayer maps as Season 1 progresses.
- Reinforce (Multiplayer Mode): A hybrid of Dom and S&D, a single-life mode with both teams competing for control of three flags.
- On-Site Procurement (O.S.P.) (Gunfight Mode): A tactically rich 2v2 mode with a twist: Begin with just your fists, and gather equipment as the match progresses.
- Infected (Multiplayer Mode): It’s hunt or be hunted in this survival party game mode!
- Additional Modes: Look for more modes as Season 1 continues.
- Bomb Squad (Special Ops Experience): Forces still loyal to Barkov have planted explosives around the city of Al-Raab. You’re here to defuse the situation.
- Grounded (Special Ops Experience): Enemies have seized Barkov’s former airbase. Engage and eliminate them.
- Pitch Black (Special Ops Experience): Infiltrate Barkov’s former estate and recover all required intel before an exfill in a Tactical Rover.
- Just Reward (Special Ops Experience): Your squad targets the head of an enemy financial operation, hacking his data centres, and gaining intel.
- Additional Content: Look for more Special Ops content as Season 1 continues.
- Ram-7 New Weapon: A new fully automatic bullpup Assault Rifle with integrated Picatinny rails at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock.
- Holger-26 New Weapon: LMG spec of the Holger model rifle, with integrated sight rail and drum magazine for additional ammunition-carrying capacity.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season One is slated to launch on 4 December 2019. In the meantime, check out the trailer below.