If you’re a big fan of isometric RPGs, then you’ve surely heard of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Up until now, the game has only been released for PC but that’s about to change with the release of the Ultimate Edition.
Publisher Versus Evil has just announced that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition will be released on 28 January 2020 for the PS4 and Xbox One. Unfortunately, it seems that they’ve made a mistake in the trailer stating that it’s coming out on January 2019. A Nintendo Switch version is also in production but there’s no news on that one yet.
Here’s what’s coming in the Ultimate Edition:
- Play in either Turn-Based Mode or Classic Real-Time with Pause: Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience – now with both classic real-time with pause and new turn-based combat, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic tabletop gameplay more than ever before.
- A massive adventure: Over 100 hours of gameplay per playthrough.
- Play however you want: Detailed character creator character and over 1000 class permutations gives you the freedom to be whoever you want.
- Gather your party: Build your party and customize your companions to join you on your quest. Assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships, reactions to player choice, and interactions with each other unfold.
- Beast of Winter DLC: Heed the call of Vatnir, a priest of the god of death, to halt the tide of destruction encroaching upon the living.
- The Forgotten Sanctum DLC: Battle your way through the bowels of a vengeful, sleeping god.
- Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC: Triumph or die in the Crucible of Kazuwari, where only the mighty reign.
The game isn’t up on either console’s digital storefronts yet so expect pre-orders to open in either late December 2019 or early January 2020. The folks at Obsidian are well-versed in making RPGs and this console port looks like it will do a fine job of showing PS4 and Xbox One players why a lot of PC players consider it one of the best RPGs ever made.