Truly there is no rest for the wicked.
Gearbox is hosting an in-game mini-event called Rare Chest Riches right after the current Farming Frenzy loot-drop marathon that just ended. During this event, the rarity of loot inside all Rare Chests (the boxes with the red top & deco like the ones below) will be increased.
In other words, you may want to check on the Vaults after killing bosses like Graveward and the Rampager, as well as every nook and cranny close to a named enemy or boss. You might get a lot more than just dedicated boss drops this time around.
The Rare Chest rarity rate will also increase when you watch a streamer on Twitch open a Rare Chest while both of you have the ECHOcast Twitch Extension enabled. Any rewards you score via streamers’ Rare Chest will be waiting for you in your in-game mailbox the next time you play Borderlands 3.
The event is already running right now and will end on 14th February, which is two weeks from now. On a related note, all future Takedowns (including the Maliwan one) will scale by default, although you will be able to access “True Takedown Mode” in an upcoming February update.
How do link my SHiFT and Twitch accounts again? Check out the instructions below:
- If you don’t have a SHiFT account, you can set one up for free at the Gearbox SHiFT site.
- If you don’t have a Twitch account, you can set one up for free by heading over to Twitch and using the “Sign Up” link at the top of the page.
- Linking your accounts is easy. Visit the settings tab on your SHiFT profile page by clicking the little gear icon, click on the Twitch logo under “Connections,” and follow the onscreen instructions to link your account.
- Alternatively, sign in to your SHiFT account over at the Gearbox SHiFT site, click on “Gaming Platforms” on the left, and then click on the “Link” option under the Twitch logo.
- You can also click the “SHiFT Account Link” button under the Events tab within the ECHOcast extension itself to navigate to the SHiFT site and link your accounts if you haven’t done so already.