The Sims franchise celebrates its 20th anniversary today, and developer Maxis has announced that they will be granting a free hot tub to every Sims player.
What’s so special about a hot tub? Well, it’s not just any old hot tub. The Sims 4 is bringing back the return of the iconic hot tub. Veteran players will remember that very same hot tub from the original Sims.
The hot tub is dropping for free on all platforms in a small update today. It’s currently free for all PlayStation Plus members, so grab it while you can. Publisher EA has also revealed an infographic detailing some of the franchise’s highlights from the past two decades, including:
- Over 1.6 billion Sims have been created.
- Those Sims have engaged in 1.3 billion Woohoos.
- There have been 575 million Sim households, 37 million Sim weddings, and 173,000 Sim toddlers.
- Players spent over 65 million hours in the gallery.
- There were 217,00 aliens, 1 million mermaids, and 6.9 million vampires, which is frankly a great gauge for Simmers’ personal interests.
Recently, The Sims 4 recently added Simplified Chinese language support. Check out the long, long, long infographic below: