Good times for fans of Monster Hunter and Resident Evil.
Capcom has updated its list of Platinum Titles on the official website, with the most recent total sales numbers as of 31 December 2019.
The Platinum Titles consists of games with sales of more than one million units since launch. The company already has over 90 titles that have sold more than one million units, which is an impressive achievement.
Notable updates include the following titles:
- Monster Hunter: World (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – 14.9 million units
- Resident Evil 7 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – 7 million units
- Resident Evil 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – 5.8 million units
- Devil May Cry 5 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – 3.1 million units
- Street Fighter V (PS4, PC) – 4.1 million copies
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4, Xbox One) – 3.4 million units
- Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – 1.4 million copies
Although Monster Hunter World is now Capcom’s single best-selling game of all time, its second remains 2009’s Resident Evil 5, which has sold 7.6 million units to date. The top ten best-sellers consist of mostly Monster Hunter and Resident Evil titles, two franchise which the Japanese developer will likely capitalize on in the future.