Yes, you read that right. Thanks to a new update, you can now carry over your progress from The Witcher 3’s PC version to your Switch.
The save file integration introduced by Update 3.6 applies to both Steam and GOG. While handy, there are also two things to bear in mind. While you can transfer modded PC game saves over, the post warns that you risk getting mod-related bugs and blockers might end up on your Switch. In addition, changing your save file name on PC will prevent the Switch’s Cloud Save from recognizing it.
The update also brings with it other additions and improvements, like touch control support for the HUD, menu, and Gwent. You can check out the full list below:
- Added touch control support.
- Added save file integration with GOG, Steam and versions of the game for Switch from different regions.
- Added more text languages (in selected regions).
- Added more graphical options.
- Added multiple performance optimizations.
- Fixed various visual and functional bugs.
- Various gameplay and crash fixes.
New voice-over languages are also on their way, and will be “added as free DLCs in selected regions”.