Supergiant Games have released a major patch for their rogue-like dungeon crawler Hades.
The Nighty Night Update contains some new additions, including a new weapon called Malphon, the Twin Fists and a new Stygian Blade Aspect called the Aspect of Arthur. Meanwhile, existing stuff like The Mirror of Night and the House of Hades now have twice the number of Talents and new events respectively.
Here’s the full list of highlights:
• Malphon, the Twin Fists: pummel your foes into the ground with this furious close-quarters weapon
• Mirror of Night Rework: now with twice the Talents, inviting more choices to fit your playstyle
• Aspect of Arthur: wield the might of Holy Excalibur with this legendary Aspect of the Stygian Blade
• Improved Visual Effects: we’ve made frenetic combat easier to parse without compromising the oomph
• New Pact of Punishment Conditions: see if you can survive Benefits Package and Routine Inspection
• Administrative Chamber: access your Permanent Record beyond a mysterious locked door in the House
• New House of Hades Events: the god of the dead’s residence is livelier than ever
• Expanded Story: hours of added narrative featuring Nyx, Chaos, Artemis, Zeus, and more
The update also brings with it a lot of other tweaks and additions. It’s pretty cool that developer Supergiant Games is going the extra mile and laser-focused on making Hades meatier and a tad different than other action RPGs; as if its art style and control scheme isn’t enough.
Check out the full patch notes here.