Calling artists currently staying at home, the 2020 SEA Overwatch Map Design Contest welcomes all fans from across Southeast Asia to design a unique Overwatch map.
Submission for the contest starts from today until 30 April 2020. The Overwatch art team at Blizzard will carefully select the top eight (8) artworks, who will then receive awesome rewards in return. Players can also vote for their favourite artworks and the top four (4) most popular artists will receive the popularity awards.
Here are the prizes for the winners:
- 1st place: A Nintendo Switch console and Overwatch Legendary Edition.
- 2nd place: An Overwatch Mercy statue.
- 3rd place: An Overwatch hoodie Jacket & US$100 Blizzard Balance.
- 4th place: US$100 Blizzard Balance.
Here are the requirements for eligibility to join the 2020 SEA Overwatch Map Design Contest:
- Eligibility: Only citizens from Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
- How to sign up: Visit the event site, upload up to two pieces of artwork, and fill out the required information.
- Event period: starting today until 30 April 2020 at 11.59pm (GMT+8).
New Legendary Doomfist Skin “Thunder”
The Overwatch League has unveiled a new legendary Doomfist skin to celebrate the San Francisco Shock’s 2019 championship.
The skin, named “Thunder,” was developed in collaboration with the 2019 San Francisco Shock team, including 2019 league MVP Jay “Sinatraa” Won.
“Thunder” follows other legendary skins representing Overwatch League teams and players that have been made available in the game. Those include the “Flying Ace” London Spitfire Winston skin and the “Zen-Nakji” Zenyatta skin for 2018 league MVP Seong-Hyun “Jjonak” Bang.
The custom legendary skin will be available to Overwatch players on all platforms for 200 OWL tokens until 9 April 2020.