Sources from Eurogamer and VGC has confirmed that Nintendo Switch will feature a lot of old and new Mario games this 2020, to coincide with the original Super Mario Bros.’ 35th anniversary. Here’s the breakdown:
- Nintendo will release most of Super Mario’s 35-year back catalogue this year, remastered for Nintendo Switch.
- The banner for this news comes with artwork from Super Mario Galaxy, suggesting that the Wii Mario Galaxy games will be one of these titles.
- Other titles include Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine (via Gematsu).
- Super Mario 3D World, a Wii U exclusive, will also be re-released for the Switch and will feature new levels.
- Paper Mario fans: you’re in luck. A new entry in this 2D cutboard RPG game will be in the mix for this announcement.
Personally, I’m hyped up for the Switch version of Super Mario 3D World, one of the few saving graces of the Wii U next to Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101. We’re guessing this news will happen a few months before 13th September, the release date of the original NES title in Japan back in 1985.