Update (2nd May): The stream is up now. Here’s the Malaysian version.
And here is the Singapore stream, brought to you by Singapore Games Guild.
The UK-based ‘You Are Not Alone (YANA)’ Movement is hosting a global game day 12-hour stream marathon, which aims to bring people together through video games on 2 May 2020. They have revealed the first wave of events and talent for the official broadcasts of Facebook Gaming and Twitch.
What’s interesting is that YANA will be collaborating with the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) to extend selected broadcast streams to Malaysia and its neighbouring countries in Southeast Asia. YANA will offer a truly global event with the broadcast spanning North America, Europe and Southeast Asia.
The 12-hour official broadcast on Facebook Gaming and Twitch will see a series of world
renowned esports teams and athletes participate across a diverse range of major video game titles and will offer something for everyone from casual gamers to sports and core competitive titles.
YANA has revealed the first batch of events and talent can now be revealed with the final schedule and line-up being released early next week:
- Minecraft Minigames in support of the Children’s Society: Gamers and parents are encouraged to play Minecraft together as a family on any device. YANA has built a custom server of games for the event for Minecraft: Java Edition that people can register for on yana.gg.
These game modes include the famous “Splegg” minigame- fire eggs at each other to knock players off the floating platform, and WaterWars – a unique minigame where you have to dodge the water and be the last gamer standing.
- FIFA 20 YANA Cup Supported by Barclays: Football clubs and esports teams including AS Roma, Brøndby IF, Fnatic, LAFC, LDN UTD, Malmo FF, Ninjas in Pyjamas, NoFuchsGiven, North and Real Betis will go head to head in FIFA 20 on PS4.
- The YANA Showdown featuring Fortnite: Hosted by tournament platform GamerzArena.com, amateur players will be given the spotlight with a chance to compete on the live YANA broadcast.
- Rainbow Six Siege Pro Player Community Stream: Two top pro players Leon Giddens from Team Secret and Luke Kendrew from Natus Vincere will each select four of their community to team up with for a best-of-one match. The winning team will choose a forfeit for their opponent.
- Zwift Race: The online training and racing platform for cycling and running will see some of the best men’s and women’s professional and community teams compete in a virtual race around London. Watch in-real-life outdoor riding pro teams Canyon SRAM, Arkea-Samsic and Vitus Pro Cycling take on the best Zwift specialist riders from Indoor Specialist, Canyon ZCC and EVOQ.BIKE.
- Football Manager 20 YANA Challenge: Presenter James Allcott will be leading the charge on this FM 20 segment of YANA with 60 minutes of live content on the day and a fantastic competition that will see one lucky winner make their way into a future version of Football Manager as a footballer.
In the build-up to this, in-game advertising platform Bidstack will drive further awareness of the YANA initiative and their event on 2 May 2020 by placing pitchside advertisements in Football Manager 2020 leveraging their native in-game advertising technology.
- #WarshipsAreNotAlone: Wargaming will host a one-hour live stream for World of Warships incorporating a series of influencers and sharing naval workouts and recipes people can try at home. In addition, Wargaming will be giving away bonus codes for World of Warships premium items throughout the day.
Post a picture of yourself playing World of Warships with #WarshipsAreNotAlone and tag a friend to do the same and tag you back both participants will get a code. The challenge will be promoted across Wargaming social channels as well as the stream.
- YANA Live Lounge: Ending the night, the YANA Live Lounge will offer live cover performances from famous artists who will perform their favourite iconic songs linked to video games over the years such as Tony Hawk’s 2, Gears of War, FIFA, Red Dead Redemption and more.
- Just Dance Social Competition: Share a photograph on Twitter and/or Instagram of you dancing with the hashtag ‘JustDanceWithYANA’ for a chance to win a copy of Just Dance 2020.
- Green Man Gaming & Chillblast Fastest PC: Worth a whopping US$10,000 Green Man Gaming, the leading digital games retailer, and Chillblast, the UK’s most awarded custom PC builder, have teamed up to create arguably the world’s fastest gaming PC and are giving this epic prize away to one lucky viewer.
MDEC Digital Creative Content Vice President Hasnul Hadi Samsudin has this to say about the whole initiative:
“Due to the Movement Control Order, Malaysia’s response to reducing COVID-19 infections, Malaysians have been in isolation for weeks now.
In wanting to show its support of the YANA Movement, MDEC wants to go above and beyond.
It’s not about what we can do locally.
Instead, we want to include Malaysia’s neighbours from all over Southeast Asia as well.
In doing so, we can help our fellow countrymen and folks from around the region feel less isolated by sending out the awesome message that YANA represents – indeed, ‘You Are Not Alone’.
Join us as we showcase and play games of all kinds, made by fellow Malaysians and other creatives from across the region.
Let’s play apart, together!”
You can tune into the game stream tomorrow noon at http://www.levelup.my/YANA/