Paradox Interactive has announced that Crusader Kings 3 will launch for PC via Steam, Paradox Store, Microsoft Store, and Xbox Game Pass on 2 September 2020. On Steam, the standard edition costs RM80, while the Royal Edition is priced at RM120.
The highly-anticipated sequel to 2012’s Crusader Kings 2 was originally announced at last year’s PDXCON 2019. Crusader Kings 3 will bring many of the franchise’s grand strategy mechanics, such as being able to choose a royal or noble house from a number of realms on a map that stretches from Iceland to India and from the Arctic Circle to Central Africa.
Players then guide that dynasty through the centuries, adopting one of five different lifestyles, as well as engage in warfare and political intrigue. Unlike Creative Assembly’s Total War franchise, Crusader Kings titles don’t feature any real-time battles on an epic scale.
The advantage of that is that you won’t need powerful machines to run even the upcoming Crusader Kings 3. Check out the surprisingly low specs requirements below:
- OS: Windows® 8.1 64 bit or Windows® 10 Home 64 bit
- Processor: Intel® iCore™ i5-750 or Intel® iCore™ i3-2120, or AMD® Phenom™ II X6 1055T
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 460, or AMD® Radeon™ R7 260X or AMD® Radeon™ HD 6970, or Intel® Iris Pro™ 580
- OS: Windows® 10 Home 64 bit
- Processor: Intel® iCore™ i5- 4670K or AMD® Ryzen™ 5 2400G
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 1650
In the meantime, check out the new trailers below.