When the Nintendo Game Boy was making headway in the early 90s, Sega had to come up with something to compete against it. Enter the Sega Game Gear, a portable that featured colour-packed portable gameplay and ports of your favourite 16-bit games that were kinda decent for its time.
Now you can play with power, as Sega announces the Game Gear Micro. Here’s the breakdown:
- The device is 40% less than the original Game Gear.
- The Game Gear Micro comes in four colour variants: Black, Blue, Yellow, and Red.
- Each colour comes with a set of four games.
- Each Game Gear Micro costs 4,980 yen (RM195).
- The mini console will be out 6th October. You can pre-order them now on Amazon Japan.
And now, the games:
- Sonic The Hedgehog
- Puyo Puyo Tsu
- Out Run
- Royal Stone
- Sonic & Tails
- Gunstar Heroes
- Sylvan Tale
- Baku Baku Animal
- Shining Force
- Shining Force II
- Shining Force: Final Conflict
- Nazo Puyo: Arle no Roux
- Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible
- Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special
- The G.G. Shinobi
Expect the Black and Blue to be imported by countries outside of Japan, as there isn’t a huge language barrier for platformers, action titles, and puzzle games. Yellow and Red might be enticing for fans of 90 RPGs, especially Persona fanboys.