The Gunsmith, which is featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer mode and its free-to-play battle royale mode Warzone, is a godsend for tinkerers. This is thanks to the infinite combinations one can come up with to adjust and customise the weapons to suit their needs.
With the new season of Call of Duty: Warzone being just around the corner, we would love to share our favourite weapon classes to bring into the battlefield. Before we proceed, our philosophy when coming up with these loadouts are as follows:
- Versatility in almost all discernible scenarios. This is taking into account engagement range and duration.
- Ease of use regardless of skill level.
- Effectiveness in the thick of battle.
You will notice a theme going forward where several attachments will be featured frequently. So to avoid repeating ourselves over and over, here are our recommended attachments and why you should use them in all your gameplans.
You do not want to give away your position on Warzone freely. Unsuppressed weapons appear as a red dot on the minimap when fired so kitting your weapon with a sound suppressor is highly recommended.
While there are other variants of it, few rival the Monolithic Suppressor due to its ability to also increase damage range.
While a solid argument can be made for the Commando, Tactical, Ranger and Operator foregrips, none of them were included in a recent Gentleman’s Agreement for the CoD League.
The Merc’s ability to reduce recoil and improve hip fire accuracy is deemed OP even by the pros so why not take advantage of it. Hip fire accuracy is super important especially when in close quarters while reducing recoil helps a ton when zeroing in on your target.
So without further ado, let’s start it with the ever-popular…
M4A1: The All-Rounder
You cannot make a weapons recommendation list without the ever reliable M4. Since launch, the M4A1 have been a mainstay in all modes due to its all-round performance and high adaptability.
For Warzone, we recommend the following:
- Monolithic Suppressor
- M16 Grenadier Barrel: Increases range effectiveness while reducing recoil.
- Merc Foregrip
- Tac Laser: Faster ADS especially in close quarters and to counter penalty from barrel & suppressor use.
- Choice of Optics / Magazine size: The iron sights for the M4A1 is clear enough for mid-ranged engagements, but we usually go for the Integral Hybrid due to preference. If you prefer a snappier build, other reflex sights are also viable options.
The M4A1 reloads relatively quickly and with the abundance of assault weapon ammo around, we don’t see the need to include a larger magazine, nor equipping the Fully Loaded perk.
Use this setup if: You’re a boring person who eats bland cereal and have their steak well-done.