Borderlands 3 is getting a hotfix this week, 23rd July PST, and it’s quite a doozy. We’re talking loot-shuffling, anointments-culling, and even Legendaries on sale at Crazy Earl’s shop in Sanctuary.
Let’s break it down:
The Fabricator can now specifically shoot out Legendaries
Remember that gun that shoots out loot and other guns in the game’s main campaign? Well, the Fabricator now has an alternate firing mode called Legendary that spawns between 1 to 3 Legendary weapons for 250 Eridium. Which means you can now spend your hard-earned Eridium that you’ve been farming from Bounty of Blood’s Hydragoian.
Mission Rewards now available in Veteran Rewards Vending Machine
Players can now purchase previously rewarded mission rewards in the Veteran Rewards Machine just outside of Crazy Earl’s door on Sanctuary III. As missions are completed, their rewards are added to the pool and can be purchased using Eridium! So if you want that Cloud Kill SMG or that Red Suit shield, go nuts.
Legendary gear now available in vending machines
This is permanent, FYI. Some vending machines will have a small chance of providing Legendary gear for purchase. Green items are now removed from the Item of the Day pool.
Chests & Badass rewards adjusted
What it said; we won’t know until we see it take into effect.
Dedicated loot pool adjustments
Gearbox has enabled respawning on the following bosses and reshuffled gear between bosses more evenly.
- Buttmunch and Trufflemunch
- Archer Rowe
- Muldock, the Anointed
- King Bobo
- King Gnasher
- Anointed X2
- Anointed X3
- Anointed X4
No more lackluster anointments
The following 21 anointments will be removed, much to the delight of many. Any gear that has these anointments will continue to function properly.
- While Airborne, Critical Damage is increased 25%
- While Airborne, Damage is increased by 30%
- While Airborne, Fire Rate is increased 20%
- While Airborne, Accuracy and Handling are increased by 75%
- While Sliding, Damage is increased by 40%
- While Sliding, Accuracy and Handling are increased by 50%
- While Sliding, Fire Rate is increased by 25%
- While Sliding, building up energy that refills a portion of your shields.
- While an Action Skill is Active, reduce all incoming damage by a small amount
- While an Action Skill is Active, 250% of health damage taken is returned to the attacker as shock damage.
- On Action Skill End, Critical Damage is increased by 25% for a short time
- On Action Skill End, create a cyber spike that damages nearby enemies
- On Action Skill End, spawn a healing pool for several seconds
- On Action Skill End, Fire rate is increased by 11%, & reload speed by 26% for a short time
- On Action Skill End, Weapon Accuracy & Handling are greatly increased for a short time
- On Action Skill End, Movement speed is increased by 5% for a short time
- On Action Skill End, 30% of damage taken is returned to the attacker for a short time.
- After exiting Iron Bear, do not consume ammo for 5 seconds
- After using Phaseslam, damage taken is reduced by 20% and movespeed is increased by 12%
- After using Phasegrasp, Weapon Accuracy and Handling are greatly increased
Guns that spawn multiple projectiles and elementals will be reduced
Due to stability issues, the devs will be reducing the number of projectiles that spawn due to damage dealt when using multiple elements on enemies. It’s now limited the number of times projectiles bounce to 4. Guns that are affected include Recursion, Carrier, Bearcat, and Lead Sprinkler. This might affect Bullet Witch Amara builds that rely on ricochets for max damage, but we’ll see how that pans out in a week or two.
[Update] New events starting 30th July
The following mini-events will occur later this month and the next few (times in GMT+8):
- ECHOcast Overload (July 30 to August 6) – Better chance of scoring loot during Rare Chest Events in the ECHOcast Twitch extension;
- Bonus Boss Loot (August 6 to August 13) – Most bosses have an increased chance to drop Legendary loot;
- Loot Monster Mayhem (August 13 to August 20) – Increased spawn rates for Loot variant enemies;
- Show Me The Eridium (August 20 to August 27) – Increased Eridium drops, plus Eridium item discounts;
- Mayhem Made Mild (August 27 to September 3) – All Easy modifiers in Mayhem Mode;
- Making It Rain (September 3 to September 10) – Enemies drop more in-game cash.
For more Borderlands 3, visit our guides here.