San Francisco Shock & Shanghai Dragons Are Overwatch League’s Countdown Cup Champions

The final regular season tournament of the Overwatch League 2020 season is complete, with the San Francisco Shock winning the North America tournament and the Shanghai Dragons recapturing the Asian title.

Shanghai Dragon’s win has earned the team the top overall seed in the Asia bracket for the 2020 postseason.

Overwatch League 2

Meanwhile, San Francisco Shock won a back-and-forth series over runners-up Philadelphia Fusion to capture the Countdown Cup title in North America. The team also won the May Melee tournament earlier this season.

Both team’s performance in the next two weeks will determine which gets the No. 1 North America seed in the 2020 postseason.

Cast Your Vote For 2020 T-Mobile Overwatch League MVP

Overwatch League 4

The 2020 T-Mobile Overwatch League MVP will be awarded to the best player in the league. Starting today through 28 August 2020 (PDT), fans can vote for their pick from the top 10 MVP finalists:

  • Alarm – Philadelphia Fusion
  • Carpe – Philadelphia Fusion
  • Choihyobin – San Francisco Shock
  • Cr0ng – Guangzhou Charge
  • Eileen – Guangzhou Charge
  • Fleta – Shanghai Dragons
  • Viol2t – San Francisco Shock
  • Void – Shanghai Dragons
  • Xzi – Paris Eternal
  • Yaki – Florida Mayhem

You can cast your vote on the official site.

To vote on Twitter, use the hashtag #OWLMVP and either the Twitter handle or name of your MVP candidate. For example, you can vote for Jae-Hyeok “Carpe” Lee using #OWLMVP Carpe or #OWLMVP @carpe_ow.

You can visit the official team pages for more details on each player and their teams. Fan votes account for 25 percent of the overall tally, with the other 75 percent coming from a combination of general managers, head coaches, broadcast talent, and media.

Previous OWL MVP Winners included (2018: Seong-Hyun “Jjonak” Bang, NYXL) and (2019: Jay “Sinatraa” Won, San Francisco Shock).

The winners for 2020 T-Mobile Overwatch League MVP will be announced during the postseason broadcast on 13 September 2020 (PDT), which starts on 3 September 2020. The winner will receive the MVP trophy, a hefty US$100,000 cash prize and an MVP jersey patch for the 2021 season.

Overwatch Global Sale

Overwatch League 5

From today until 19 August 2020, Overwatch will be up to 50 percent off, with the Standard Edition priced at US$14.99 and the Legendary Edition priced at US$19.99 for PC. You can find the sale details at the Blizzard Shop.


Author: Alleef Ashaari

Aspiring writer. Born in Amsterdam, raised in Malaysia. Comics are my passion. A gamer and science fiction enthusiast. PSN: AlleefAshaari

Leave a Reply