Gearbox just revealed its fourth and final campaign add-on for Borderlands 3. And yes, it’s about delving into the mind of Borderlands 2’s playable psycho Krieg. It’s called Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck and it’s slated for an 11th September release date.
Story-wise, nutcase scientist and Siren Patricia Tannis came to the conclusion that the psychos of Borderlands are made insane due to the knowledge of a mythical place called Vaulthalla. To tap into that, she needs you (and three other players) to delve into the mind of Krieg.
You’ll be checking out the mind palace of Krieg, which houses deep dark castle-like places and green fields, because he’s a guy with two different psyches battling it out. It’s clearly taking cues from films like Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, but with that psycho-laden Borderlands touch.
Should be fun, considering it will answer every fan’s burning question: how’s he taking in the fact that his lost love Maya from Borderlands 2 is, well, killed by some punk-ass leech streamer in the game’s main story? Or not. Still, the DLC features:
- New levels where “anything is possible”,
- New monsters based on the imagination and thoughts of Krieg,
- New side missions and crew challenges involving Krieg’s mind and Tannis’ research,
- New Legendary weapons and cosmetic items.
- New level cap increase to 65, so you’ll have to keep on farming again, unfortunately. But hey: new skill points!
Full trailer below. They’ll be more details on the DLC later on the official Borderlands 3 Twitch page, so stay tuned as we’ll update that later.