This is it, folks.
Disney has delayed almost all of its movies in 2020 to next year in 2021. Only two movies are left for 2020, which includes Free Guy and Pixar’s Soul. Oh, and there are also several 20th Century Fox left for the rest of 2020 as well.
The biggest impact that these delays have is on the planned schedule of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4, which was slated to begin Black Widow.
Check out the full list of Disney’s new release dates for their upcoming movies (via Variety):
- The Empty Man (23 October 2020)
- Pixar’s Soul (20 November 2020)
- Free Guy (11 December 2020)
- Death Of The Nile (18 December 2020)
- The King’s Man (12 February 2021)
- Black Widow (7 May 2021)
- Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings (9 July 2021)
- Deep Water (13 August 2021)
- Eternals (5 November 2021)
- West Side Story (10 December 2021)
Disney’s decision might have been potentially influenced by the fact that Warner Bros’ Tenet only managed to garner US$251.1 million since premiering earlier in September 2020. It looks like the movie industry and cinemas everywhere will be taking much longer to recover from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
In the meantime, check out the Black Widow trailer below: