Last month, Publisher Activision and developer Treyarch announced the first details for the Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Beta. Today, they released a new trailer in anticipation of the Beta later this week.
The beta schedule is as follows (via Activision):
- First Weekend (PlayStation Exclusive)
- 8 to 9 October 20202 – PS4 Early Access.
- 10 to 12 October 2020 – PS4 Open Beta.
- Second Weekend (Cross-Play Beta)
- 15 to 16 October 2020 – Xbox and PC Early Access, PS4 Open Beta.
- 17 to 19 October 2020 – Open Beta On All Platforms.
Early Access And Open Beta Times
There are two weekends of Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War beta content with each lasting a total of around five days, scheduled to begin each Thursday at 1pm ET (or 1m GMT+8 for Southeasian countries).
Weekend 1: PS4 Exclusive Beta
The first Beta Weekend is exclusively for PS4 owners, running from 8 to 12 October 2020.
- Weekend 1: Early Access – Thursday, October 8, and Friday, October 9 are available for early access on PS4 to players who have pre-ordered Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War on PS4 or PS5.
- Weekend 1: Open – Saturday, October 10, to Monday, October 12 is free to all PS4 owners. If you’ve got a PS4 and an internet connection, you should be ready to engage, though PlayStation Plus may be a requirement in some territories.
Weekend 2: PS4, Xbox One, and PC Beta (Cross-Play)
The second beta weekend is for PS4, Xbox One, and PC owners, starting from 15 to 19 October 2020.
If you’re a PS4 owner, regardless of whether or not you pre-ordered the game, you can resume and continue to play the open beta free for the entire Weekend 2 period.
- Weekend 2: Early Access – The first two days of the weekend – Thursday, October 15, and Friday, October 16 – are available for early access to anyone who has pre-ordered or pre-purchased the game on Xbox One/ Xbox Series X, or on PC via Blizzard Battle.net respectively. If you’re an Xbox One or PC owner and want to play Weekend 2 of the beta for the longest possible time, be sure to pre-order. This period will be open for PS4 players.
- Weekend 2: Open – The rest of the open beta period, running from Saturday, October 17, to Monday, October 19, is accessible to all players on PS4, Xbox One, or PC. If you’ve got an Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold is required to play. If you have a PC, a Battle.net account is required to play.
In the meantime, check out the brief trailer below, which showcases the three classic Call Of Duty modes (Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Kill Confirmed), as well as the game’s brand new modes; VIP Escort and Combined Arms.