Ubisoft has unveiled two new trailers for Watch Dogs Legion, one of which touches on the game’s story and the other on post-launch content plans, which includes online multiplayer as part of a free update on 3 December 2020.
Online Mode (Free)
The Online mode of Watch Dogs Legion will include the following features as part of the free update on 3 December 2020:
- Free-roam open-world co-op (up to four-player co-op) and explore the city of London and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players.
- Four-player co-op Tactical Ops missions
- Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode in the Spiderbot Arena, where four-to-eight players control armed spider bots and compete in a high-intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
Post-Launch Single-Player Content (Free)
New free content for the singleplayer mode will be available in a future update sometime in 2021, and will include:
- New characters with new abilities.
- New mission content.
- A New Game Plus mode.
Season Pass Content (Paid)
Players who acquire the Watch Dogs Legion Season Pass will get access to Watch Dogs Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline which features Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2, both of which will be fully playable in the singleplayer campaign and online.
Two other newly-revealed playable characters include:
- Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order, thanks to a cross-over with Assassin’s Creed.
- Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals.
The Season Pass will also offer extra DedSec missions, the Watch Dogs Complete Edition from 2014, and more. The Season Pass is available for purchase as part of the Gold, Ultimate, and Collector editions of the game.
Watch Dogs Legion is slated to release for the PS4, Xbox One, PC via the Epic Games Store, Ubisoft Store, and Uplay, and Stadia on 29 October 2020; Xbox Series on 10 November 2020; and PS5 on 12 November 2020. Meanwhile, the PS5 version will be available on 24 November 2020.