The Overwatch League’s 2020 Grand Finals starts from 8 October 2020 Thursday with the four remaining teams; Seoul Dynasty, Shanghai Dragons, Philadelphia Fusion, and defending champions San Francisco Shock, competing in a double-elimination final tournament to determine who reigns supreme.
Check out the Grand Finals primer to review how each team navigated the unpredictable 2020 season to reach Grand Finals Weekend.
Here’s everything you need to know to follow along with the thrilling conclusion of the 2020 Overwatch League season, including the unique ways for fans to support their favourite teams, and to see what is on the line for the winning team:
Prize Pool: More than US$3 million in total prizing, with US$1.5 million going to the league champion.
To help celebrate the Overwatch League Grand Finals, Blizzard has created a virtual studio with multiple broadcasters in different locations and player reaction and gameplay camera feeds woven together to form a single cohesive viewer experience befitting of a global competitive championship event.
This virtual stage will debut when the broadcast begins on 8 October 2020.
Check out the schedule below:
- Thursday, 8 October 2020 – 3.30am PDT (6.30pm GMT+8)
- Match 1: Seoul vs. San Francisco – Jaws and Hex
- Match 2: Philadelphia vs. Shanghai – ZP and Jake
- Friday, 9 October 2020 – 1.30am PDT (4.30pm GMT+8)
- Match 3: Loser of Match 1 vs. Loser of Match 2 – Achilios and Wolf
- Match 4: Winner of Match 1 vs. Winner of Match 2 – Uber and Mr X
- Match 5: Winner of Match 3 vs. Loser of Match 4 – Bren and Sideshow
- Saturday, 10 October 2020 – 5.30 a.m. PDT (8.30pm GMT+8)
- Championship Match: Winner of Match 4 vs. Winner of Match 5 – Uber and Mr X
During this Saturday’s championship match, fans will be able to virtually support their favourite team in unique ways:
- Fan Tweet Cam: Thanks to Pringles Wavy and Cheez-It Grooves, fans who tweet @overwatchleague using a #crunchtimecam+ an abbreviated team name during the championship match will instantly be sent a live photo of the selected team in their competition space.
- #CheckMeOWL Wall: a panel will display fans Twitter posts when they use #CHECKMEOWL and #OWL2020 during the Grand Finals championship match.
- Hear Me Cheer: Coca-Cola presents the Hear Me Cheer experience, where fans can have their cheers heard on the broadcast by visiting overwatchelague.com/react on their desktop or mobile devices and enabling their microphone during the match.
- Return of the king: Fan favourite Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez will be joining the Overwatch League broadcast from the Spawn Room, the in-broadcast destination for fan fun. Goldenboy will be hosting an Instagram takeover on 8 October 2020.
- T-Mobile Virtual Audience: Select fans will be shown live during the broadcast as they cheer on the Grand Finals teams.
- League Tokens: Fans that watch the championship match on OverwatchLeague.com or the official Overwatch League mobile apps can earn League Tokens and specialty drops.
- 1 hour: Tracer mosaic spray
- 2 hours: home and away OWL Tracer skins
- Every hour: 5 League Tokens
2020 T-Mobile Overwatch League Grand Finals MVP
Following the conclusion of the Grand Finals on 10 October 2020, the 2020 T-Mobile Overwatch League Grand Finals MVP will be awarded to the standout player in the championship match.
Voting will take place during the championship match, with fan votes accounting for 25 percent of the total votes. In addition to lifting the MVP trophy, the Grand Finals MVP will also take home an incredible US$100,000 cash prize.
There are several ways for fans to vote:
- On Twitter using #OWLMVP and the name of your candidate
- On OverwatchLeague.com using the homepage live match player
- On the MVP page of OverwatchLeague.com
Partnering once again with Jeff Staples, the Grand Finals winners will each receive specialized apparel: a jacket, hoodie, shirt, hat, and a Hershel backpack.
That’s not the only swag coming their way, as custom shoe designer Alexander John will provide a customized pair of sneakers, to be delivered in a custom Rimowa suitcase.