New trailer reveals more gameplay details.
Ubisoft has released a brand new Deep Dive trailer for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, including new gameplay details and the like.
Here’s what we learned from the trailer:
- At the Alliance map, players will interact with Ramsay, the Raven clan’s key intel gatherer to “plan the next move”.
- There are four Kingdoms in England; Mercia, East Anglia, Northumbria, and Wessex.
- Players can forge alliances with different territories to grow their settlement, unlock more narrative arcs, missions, and activities.
- Each Kingdom features its own respective plotlines, casts of characters, and challenges to overcome.
- Combat skills include brute strength charging manoeuvres, close-quarters melee attacks, two-handed finishers, dog companions, poison powder traps, and more.
- Special abilities can be unlocked via Books Of Knowledge, which can be discovered throughout the open-world.
- Players can actually wield the legendary sword Excalibur in the game.
- Players can switch between male and female Eivor at any time during the game.
- Resources can be used to build and upgrade structures at settlement, including the barracks, blacksmith, tattooist, shipyard, and the Hidden Ones’ bureau.
- There will be drinking minigames and dice board games (Orlog).
- Players can visit Asgard and even a portion of North America in specific quests (as seen in the trailer and as confirmed by the developers in an interview with PCGamesN)
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is slated to launch on 10 November 2020 for the Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PS4, the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on PC. However, it will only release for the PS5 on 12 November 2020.