Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced that the PS5 will support tons of entertainment apps when the console launches on 12 and 19 November 2020. The PS5 media remote will even feature dedicated launch buttons for some of these apps.
The PS5 entertainment app lineup includes:
- Apple TV – The new Apple TV app will allow users to watch Apple Originals like Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet, Ted Lasso, and The Morning Show via Apple TV+, subscribe to premium channels and buy or rent movies and TV shows and access past purchases from Apple. The Apple TV app will also be available on PS4.
- Disney+ – The dedicated home for movies, shows, shorts, and originals from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. Users can watch original series like The Mandalorian, to fan favourites like The Simpsons.
- Netflix – Of course, Netflix is here.
- Spotify – Spotify is back, back again.
- Twitch – Twitch is also back, so you watch your favourite streamers or stream yourself.
- YouTube – Another returning app from the PS4.
Additional streaming apps coming to the PS5 at launch include Amazon Prime Video, MyCanal, Hulu, Peacock, Crunchyroll, and more.
The PS5 will launch on 12 November 2020 in the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea, and 19 November 2020 in the rest of the world including Europe, Middle East, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
However, it remains to be seen when the PS5 will launch in Southeast Asia, but Sony has reassured that they will announce the price and launch dates when they are ready.